|2017 Parade - Saturday, June 3rd - 10:00 a.m.
Parade Rules and Regulations (pdf)
Parade Route Map (pdf)
On behalf of the Parade Committee of the Old Shawnee Days Society, I would like to welcome you to the 51st annual Old Shawnee Days parade on Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 at 10am. The Old Shawnee Day's parade is one of the largest in the State of Kansas with awards given in several categories. This year’s theme will be “Let the Good Times Roll" so please be sure to keep in mind as you plan your entry. The list of award categories are: Most Spirit, Most Creative, Best Kid’s Entry, Most Unique Vehicle, Best Vehicle Group, Grand Marshall’s Award (best depicts theme) and the Mayor’s Award (best overall entry). This year, the Old Shawnee Days Society will also award the “Veterans Award” entry for this year’s parade.
Pre-registration is now closed. You can however register on site parade day, June 3rd at 9 a.m. You will need to go to Staging Area F which is located on Quivira, just north of the cemetery above Shawnee Mission Parkway. Volunteer staff will be in parade T-shirts and there to greet you.
Charles Jean-Baptiste was born and reared in the State of Louisiana. He retired after thirty-seven (37) years in Federal Service. Among his many positions, honors, tributes and awards are:
Old Shawnee Days will take place this year from Thursday June 1st through Sunday June 4th. For more information and details on all the free daily events and concerts, visit www.oldshawneedays.org or www.facebook.com/oldshawneedays.
- Member: Knights of Columbus, St. Joseph Catholic Church, Shawnee, Kansas. Recipient of the 2004 Citizen of the Year Award
- Member: Knights of Peter Claver, Our Lady and St. Rose in Kansas City, Kansas
- President: Shawnee Lions Club. Recipient of the Melvin Jones Fellow
- Past President of the Johnson County NAACP Unit # 4038. Recipient of the Distinguished Service Award
- Past President of the Kansas State NAACP
- Pre-designated shelter manager for the American Red Cross
- Served on the Johnson County Housing & Community Development Advisory Committee
- Served on the Johnson County Sheriff’s Community Advisory Board
- State of Kansas Approved Kansas Mediator Office of Judicial Administration
- Served on the City of Shawnee Board of Zoning Appeals
- Mediator for the Topeka Center for Peace and Justice
- Member of the FBI Citizen’s Academy Alumni Association
- Member of the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Instrumental in the drafting of Senate Bill 54, signed by Kansas’ Governor on May 17, 2010 to have a mural commemorating the United States Supreme Court decision of Brown v. Topeka Board of Education to be placed on the Wall of the State Capitol building
- Recognized as one of ten (10) emerging voices in Johnson County by the Kansas City Star
- Recipient of the Kansas Governor’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Leadership Award
- Recipient of the US Department of Housing & Urban Development Community Service Award